Monday 6 September 2010

Kitty Happy Birthday Tent Card for Debs

It was our good friend Debbie's birthday on Sunday and this was the kitty tent card I made for her. I followed the Splitcoast Stampers Tent Card Tutorial again but changed my measurements. I used SU! Bashful Blue CS measuring 24 x 12 cms, scoring at 12 cms for the card base and CS measuring 12 x 12 cms and scoring at 3, 6 and 9 cms for the stand. This time I trimmed some off both ends of the stand and I attached the back of the stand to the card base before I glued on my back panel.

For the back panel, I stamped the Hero Arts Clouds stamp on a piece of Whisper White CS and added the birds.  The kitty is a Sizzix die cut which I cut out of CS plus a piece of patterned paper which I glued together.  I sponged Pumpkin Pie ink around the kitty to add a touch of definition.  I added black CS behind the face and have added green crystals for eyes.  The kitty is sandwiched between two torn strips of Olive CS.  The sentiment circle is popped up.  I added decorative photo corners and some punched butterflies to the frame to finish off the card front.


This photo shows the back of the card and the decorated envelope flap.  I sponged Old Olive ink around the Whisper White panel.  For the sentiment I used my Nellie oval dies and I added Pumpkin brads.  I covered the envelope flap with patterned paper and added the "So Glad We're Friends" sentiment circle element.



We had a birthday barbecue for Debs on Saturday night. Her hubby Mike brought his camera and took some fab photos, I love this photo of us two gals together! Debs is on the left.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Clouds background stamp, Hobby Art Flock of Birds, Happy Birthday by Stampendous, Wishing You Lots Of Everything Wonderful by Hero Arts, So Glad We're Friends from SU! Best Yet set
CS: SU! Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, So Saffron & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie & Old Olive
Tools:Sizzix small Cat die, circle Nestabilities dies, SU! plain and scalloped circle punches, Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Corner #3 die, Nellie's Multiframe Oval MFD013 dies
Embellishments & accessories: Pumpkin brads, olive crystals, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10