Wednesday 8 September 2010

Snowflake Let It Snow Card For WMSC13

his is the card I've made for the Waltzingmouse Stamps WMSC13 challenge.  Here's the sketch:

I love square cards and I loved that the sketch incorporated different shapes, I really enjoyed this fab sketch.  I've gone with quite an unusual colour combo - I'm hoping I've stayed the right side of unusual and not veered into weird LOL! I'm thinking I'll use this as a Christmas card or maybe a winter note card or an after Christmas thank you card.

The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with SU! Perfect Plum CS.  I've paper pieced the snowflake from the WMS Sewing Box Christmas set and added a gem brad to the centre.  I've added square gems to the Eggplant square.  This square and the snowflake are both popped up.

The 'let it snow' are die cut shapes, I've added a gem brad as the dot above the i.  I cut out the 'snow' in white CS that I'd adhered to a piece of double sided adhesive sheet.  You can't tell from the photo but I peeled off the backing sheet from the word and smooshed it into ultrafine glitter to add some seasonal sparkle.



Supplies:
Stamps: WMS Sewing Box Christmas set
CS: SU! Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Ski Slope Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Square & Circle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Sizzlits Let It Snow die
Embellishments & accessories: Woodware A4 double sided adhesive sheet, Art Institute Crystal ultrafine glitter, gem brads, square gems, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

5 comments:

Christina said...

This is wonderful! I love the blue and purple color scheme for winter cards. The gems add a nice touch of sparkle!

Monique said...

Hi Ruth what a great holiday card... And believe it or not it was cold enough to snow here yesterday morning lol... Great take on the sketch!

Pauline said...

Beautiful Ruth, lovely and clean fresh colours.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh sew pretty Ruth! That stitched snowflake looks wonderful & the crystal rhinestone is the icing on the cake! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Unknown said...

Oh fabby fresh holiday card Ruth!! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at Waltzingmouse Stamps!

01 09 10