Saturday 22 May 2021

Artistic Floral Hello Card

When I saw the front cover of the new Stampin' Up! annual catalogue I loved what I saw and the 'Expressions in Ink' suite of products went to the top of my wish list!  I just love the style of these products, it's so clever that they mimic the look of alcohol ink work!  I bought the stamp set, die set and the patterned paper but forgot the ephemera pack so that will be ordered next time!

While Lesley and Wendy were working on this card during our crafty afternoon...


...I decided to make a card using the same layout but using the 'Expressions in Ink' products.  I started work on it but didn't get it completed until the next day.  Here's the card and envelope together.


I've used four of the new In Colours and I love this batch of In Colours.  I haven't always liked every colour offered with In Colours in previous years but this batch is definitely my favourite so far!  I used Soft Succulent CS for the card base and sentiment label and I used Soft Succulent ink for my stamped leaves.  I used Polished Pink and Pale Papaya inks for the flower and I used Evening Evergreen for the narrow CS strips, the die cut leaves and to stamp the 'hello'.  Pale Papaya is the colour of the beautiful patterned paper from the 'Expressions in Ink' DSP pack.  Evening Evergreen is such a deep, rich colour, it's going to be a great alternative to black to add a touch of contrast and drama.  The white die cut label, sentiment label and flower are all popped up on Dimensionals.  I added a double white twine bow to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Expressions in Ink' set
CS: SU! Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent & Basic White
Ink: SU! Evening Evergreen, Pale Papaya, Polished Pink & Soft Succulent 
Tools: SU! 'Artistic' & 'Tasteful Labels' die sets, 'Messages' die
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white baker's twine, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10