Tuesday 25 May 2021

Green Tealights Box

Mary, a lovely colleague at work, agreed to do a shift swap with me which allowed me to get together with friends on Saturday.  I thought I'd give her a little gift to say thank you.  The boxes are  straightforward to put together thanks to the excellent instructions from Sam at Pootles.  Sam's blog post is HERE and the post contains a link to the YouTube video.

I've used Mint Macaron and Just Jade for my colour combo.  Mint Macaron is the perfect colour to go with the Wilko Ocean Breeze scented tealights I placed in the box!  The Mint Macaron gingham paper is from a 'Subtles' DSP pack from a couple of years back.


The aperture in the front was made using the SU! 'Decorative Label' punch and you punch through the top and front at the same time so you get a finger hole to make the box easier to open.


Here's the box containing the twelve tealights with the tag and ribbon all ready to be tied on.  I stamped my sentiment on Mint Macaron CS using Just Jade ink, punched it out with the 'Decorative Label' punch and the label is popped up on a rectangle cut using a 'Stitched So Sweetly' die.  I decorated the tag with die cut tiny flowers using a die from the SU! 'Hydrangea' die set.  I added rhinestone jewels to the flower centres as a finishing touch.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Fancy Phrases' set
CS: SU! Just Jade & Mint Macaron 
Patterned paper: SU! 'Subtles' DSP pack (retired)
Ink: SU! Just Jade 
Tools: SU! Score Board, 'Decorative Label' punch, 'Hydrangea' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, Crop-A-Dile, 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Mint Macaron linen ribbon, Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10