Monday 17 May 2021

Hot Air Balloons Shadow Box Card - Online Meeting Project

Onto my second card for the online crafty meeting and I thought I'd make a second shadow box card - this time a landscape oriented card to fit in a standard C6 envelope.  This card is bright and fun, quite a bit different from the butterflies and flowers card that came before!  The SU! 'Lift Me Up' hot air balloon stamp set and 'Up & Away' die set are long retired but this is one of my favourite ever bundles and the stamps and dies won't be leaving my stash just yet!  Here's the card and envelope.


Here's the card.  I used Poppy Parade CS for the card base and Pacific Point CS for the frame around the circle aperture.  I used a blending brush to sweep Balmy Blue ink onto a panel of Basic White CS to represent the sky and I stamped birds (from the 'High Tide' stamp set) a few times in black ink.  I stamped the balloons in Granny Apple Green, Poppy Parade and Pacific Point inks.  I popped up the Poppy Parade and Pacific Point balloons.  I die cut three white clouds, edged each one with Balmy Blue ink applied with a sponge dauber. and attached them to the card front.  I stamped the sentiment, die cut it and popped it up.


Here's a closer look inside the aperture.  Scenes like this work so well with shadow box cards.


Here's the back of the card.  The 'Happy Birthday' from the front of the card and 'Hope Your Day Is On Cloud Nine' words were on one stamp originally but I performed stamp surgery and cut the words apart!  This means it's easier to stamp the words separately without the need for masking, a bonus in my book!  In fact the birds I stamped on the back panel are also cut apart from a larger group of birds in the 'High Tide' set.  I'm very willing to cut images apart if they are easier for me to use that way!


Here's the envelope.  I stamped a few clouds direct on the flap and then glued a stamped and die cut balloon over the top.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Lift Me Up' & 'High Tide' sets
CS: SU! Pacific Point, Poppy Parade & Basic White
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point & Poppy Parade, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Up & Away' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, Spellbinders circle Nestabilities die sets, blender brush, sponge dauber
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10