Thursday 20 May 2021

Goldfish Shadow Box Card

I designed two shadow box cards for my online crafty get together with friends so I'd been thinking about them quite a bit and I'd been thinking about creating scenes in particular.  I had a light bulb moment when I remembered my SU! 'Make a Splash' stamp set and I thought it would work well.  While Lesley and Wendy were working on their hot air balloon cards I made my goldfish card.


Here's the card made with Calypso Coral CS and sized to fit in a standard C6 envelope.  I cut two quarter sheets of A4 CS and scored both sides of both pieces (on the long side) at 1/2" and 1" to form the shadow box shape.  I cut a circle aperture and added an Early Espresso frame. I used a blending brush to apply Balmy Blue ink to a piece of Basic White CS, stamped some weeds towards the bottom and glued the panel in place.  I stamped my fish in Calypso Coral ink, fussy cut them and arranged them without adhering them so I could stamp the bubbles.  Then I popped each fish up on Dimensionals.  I masked part of a sentiment stamp to only get the 'Just for you' words and cut that out with a shape from the SU! 'Messages' die.  I'm loving this die for small shapes, it's really useful!  To finish the front I sprinkled a few rhinestone jewels on the sentiment label.


Here's the back of the card with a fish and a 'Just keep swimming!' sentiment.  This card is going to a friend who is feeling very down due to having some medical issues.  I thought a little card to give her some cheer and encouragement to keep going was in order.  


Here's the envelope with a stamped mini scene.


This was such fun to make, I had a goofy grin on my face the whole time I think!  Every now and then I ask myself "is this what a grown woman should be doing?!"  Then I think "who cares?!" and carry on!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Make a Splash' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Calypso Coral, Early Espresso & Basic White
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Granny Apple Green & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Messages' die, Spellbinders circle Nestabilities die set, blending brush
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals & Rhinestone Jewels

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10