Sunday 23 May 2021

Poppies Thank You Card

I've only recently got the SU! 'Painted Poppies' stamp set even though I've had the 'Poppy Moments' die set for ages.  I wanted to make a thank you card and I had a layout I wanted to use so I thought I'd ink up my poppy stamps for this card. Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I used Basic White thick CS to make the card base, I cut 1" off the front of the card and glued a strip of the dotty paper on the inside of the card.  I embossed a panel of Fresh Freesia CS with a 'Greenery' embossing folder and glued that to the front of the card.  I die cut a white circle and a scalloped Blackberry Bliss circle, stamped the sentiment and popped up my poppies and leaves.


Here's a closer look at the poppies and leaves.  I used the splatter images in the 'Painted Poppies' set to add colour to the stamped outline images which was a novel way to colour in images but I really enjoyed it!  




Here's the card open.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope decorated with dotty paper on the flap.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Painted Poppies' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia & Basic White regular & thick
Patterned paper: SU! 'Peaceful Poppies' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia, Granny Apple Green & Mossy Meadow
Tools: SU! 'Greenery' embossing folder set, 'Layering Circles' die set 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10