Wednesday 19 May 2021

Dangly Butterfly Shadow Box Birthday Card

Last Saturday afternoon I crafted online with my lovely friends Lesley and Wendy.  I designed three cards for them to make and made up card packs for them.  While they were working with their card packs to create their cards I worked on cards of my own.  My friends had asked to make a shadow box card and while designing for the online class I had an idea pop into my head that I had to try!  I wanted to make a shadow box with a dangly element and this dangly butterfly card is what I came up with.  I did start work on this card the day before but I finished it while the girls were working on their butterfly shadow box card.


First I'll share one of the items I used for this card.  An empty tissue box!  I couldn't throw this box away and it's been sitting on a shelf in my craft room for a couple of weeks.  When I hit upon the idea of a dangly butterfly in a shadow box card I knew I could use card from the box for my card.


Here's the card.  Pool Party and Cherry Cobbler seemed a good match colour wise so I went with those.  I glued a panel of the butterfly card to the back of the shadow box card and I die cut the solid butterfly from the patterned card as well.  After I'd cut the circle aperture I sandwiched metallic thread between two solid die cut butterfly shapes and added the Cherry Cobbler outline butterfly to the front.  I attached the thread with strong tape and added the Cherry Cobbler frame.  I added Cherry Cobbler leaves cut using a die from the SU! 'Artistic' die set and flowers cut from the 'Strawberry' builder punch.  I snipped between the petals and circled an embossing tool in the flower centres to give the flowers some shaping and dimension.  After gluing them in place I added a rhinestone jewel to each flower centre and added jewels to the butterfly body.


Here's the back of the card with a stamped birthday sentiment and a strip of the tissue box card.  After I'd glued the card in place I added lines with my Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write marker.


For the envelope I simply used circle punches to decorate the flap.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Fancy Phrases' set
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Pool Party & Basic White, patterned card from a tissue box
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler 
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings' & 'Artistic' die sets, Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle die set, SU! 'Strawberry' builder punch & circle punches, ball embossing tool
Embellishments & Accessories: metallic thread, SU! Rhinestone Jewels

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10