Tuesday 18 May 2021

Wild Rose Hello Card - Online Meeting Project

My third card for our crafty afternoon online is a pretty floral number featuring the SU! 'To a Wild Rose' stamp set.  I always liked the look of this set and when I found out it was retiring I decided to get it before it was gone.  There is a matching die set but I thought I could manage without that as I don't mind a bit of fussy cutting every now and then!  Here's the card and envelope.


Here's the card.  Julie Davison has been inspiring me yet again!  Her pretty cards can be seen on her blog post HERE.  The card base is Highland Heather and I embossed a panel of Purple Posy CS with the beautiful 'Parisian Flourish' embossing folder.  Once I'd glued the embossed panel to the card front I added thin strips of black CS.  I stamped the flowers and leaves in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used Highland Heather ink to colour the flower and stamped off once Granny Apple Green ink to add colour to the leaves.  Leaving some white space in the rose was what really struck me about Julie's cards, I really liked that look and l found my triple stamped images a tad heavy by comparison.  I popped up a die cut label from the 'Tasteful Labels' die set and popped up my fussy cut rose and leaves.  I stamped 'hello' on a scrap of Granny Apple Green CS, cut that out with a shape in the 'Messages' die and popped that up also.  To finish off I fixed a white baker's twine bow in place with a mini glue dot.  I did a double length of twine and it took ages to get the bow looking right, the final touch on a card can end up taking the longest time!


Here's the inside of the card with a strip of embossed Purple Posy CS added to a white panel.  After gluing down the embossed strip I added a line with a black Sharpie marker.  Simple but elegant I think.


Here's the envelope with another strip of embossed CS and the black Sharpie marker trick.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'To a Wild Rose' set
CS: SU! Basic Black, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Purple Posy & Basic White
Ink: SU! Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, black Sharpie marker
Tools: SU! 'Parisian Flourish' 3D embossing folder, 'Tasteful Labels' die set, 'Messages' die
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white baker's twine, mini glue dot, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10