Friday 14 May 2021

Tropical Window Tri Panel Birthday Card

Recently I came across a window tri panel card and I was thinking for a few days about what I could do with this type of card.  I decided on a tropical themed birthday card made by mixing a fair few stamp sets!  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card front with a scene showing through the window aperture.  The card base is made from SU! Flirty Flamingo CS and I cut the window aperture using a die from the SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set.  I stamped the flowers on the bottom of the card base using Flirty Flamingo ink for that lovely tone on tone look.  I stamped the flowers in Soft Suede ink onto Basic White CS and used blender brushes to add colour.  On one flower I added Daffodil Delight ink and sponged the edge with Calypso Coral ink using a sponge dauber.  On the second flower I added Flirty Flamingo ink quite lightly with a blender brush and then added Flirty Flamingo ink around the edge with a sponge dauber.  I stamped the leaf in Garden Green ink, added Granny Apple Green ink with a blender brush and added a touch of Garden Green ink around the edge with a dauber.  I popped up the leaf and flowers and added a rhinestone jewel to each flower centre that I coloured with a Soft Suede Dark Stampin' Blends marker.


Here's the second panel of the card.  I inked the top of the palm trees with Granny Apple Green ink and added some Garden Green ink with a dauber.  I used a Soft Suede marker to ink the tree trunks.  I grounded the trees with part of an image from the Waterfront stamp set stamped in Crumb Cake ink.  I inked the sun with Daffodil Delight ink and added Calypso Coral ink with a dauber.  I added birds stamped in Soft Suede and coloured the tree trunks in lightly with a Crumb Cake marker.  I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede on Crumb Cake CS, die cut using a shape from the 'Messages' die and popped the sentiment label up.


Here's the card fully open with the third panel revealed.  Basically this card design is a card base with a window aperture cut out of the front and a second white card, slightly smaller than the base card,  glued on the inside.  Simple but it's something a bit different.


Here's a closer look at the third panel.  I continued the tropical theme by adding a flamingo, water and plants.  The water and plant stamps aren't from the 'Friendly Flamingo' set, I used images from the 'High Tide' set inside as I thought they worked better.  It's great when you can mix and match stamp sets and I managed to use four different sets on this card!  I finished off inside by stamping the birthday sentiment in Soft Suede ink.


For the envelope I used a blender brush to sweep Flirty Flamingo ink onto the envelope flap and then I stamped the tropical flowers over the top in Flirty Flamingo ink.


I created this card on a day off from work and it was lovely to take time to enjoy the process of making a card like this.  It certainly wasn't a quick card to make and I had a very messy desk at the end of it with lots of supplies to put away but cleaning up after creating is never fun!  I definitely wouldn't make multiples of a card like this but I really enjoyed my crafty time that day!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Friendly Flamingo', 'High Tide', 'Timeless Tropical' & 'Waterfront' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo & Basic White
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green & Soft Suede ink pads, Crumb Cake & Soft Suede Stampin' Write markers, Soft Suede Dark Stampin' Blends marker
Tools: SU! 'In the Tropics' & 'Stitched Rectangles' die sets, 'Messages' die, blender brushes, sponge daubers
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals & Basic Rhinestone Jewels

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10