Saturday 15 May 2021

Butterfly Wishes Shadow Box Card - Online Meeting Project

It's time for another online crafty get together with my good friends Lesley and Wendy today and I had been asked to include a shadow box card in my designs.  I was very happy to oblige!  This is my first card for our crafty afternoon and it's a portrait orientated shadow box card that fits in a standard C6 envelope.  I thought it would be fun to play around with layouts as you can make shadow box cards in any size and format really.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card with a Night of Navy and Pool Party colour combo.  I've used the beautiful SU! 'Butterfly Wishes' stamp set which is a 'Distinktive' set which means you get lovely variation and detail in the stamped images.  I often add a frame to an aperture cut out from the front of a shadow box card but by using a die from the SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set I got lovely stitched detailing around the aperture and didn't need to add a frame


Here's a closer look at the aperture.  I fussy cut the flowers and butterfly and popped them up on Dimensionals.


Here's the back of the card where I added a white panel as a place to write a birthday message.


Here's the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Wishes' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Night of Navy & Basic White
Ink: SU! Night of Navy & Pool Party
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' die set 
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10