Wednesday 21 September 2011

Bright Bauble Christmas Card

I've recently bought a couple of card making books.  One is the Card Maker's Sketch Book - Christmas Celebration.  I got mine from Amazon in the UK, here's a link if you want to check it out.The book has sketches for different sized cards, has some great card layouts in it and fab card examples too.  Of course, you can use the layouts for non Christmas cards too!  I particularly liked a card on page 11, I loved the turquoise, green, red and white colour combo so I've CASEd it and I've changed very little from the original card.  I just so happen to have the SU! Delightful Decorations set on loan from a friend at the moment so I was able to use the same stamps as on the example card.

The card measures just a tad under 5" square and was made using SU! Tempting Turquoise CS.  I added a panel of Bo Bunny textured dotty paper.  I stamped the string from the Hung Up on the Holidays set and then popped up the Riding Hood Red bauble.  I added the strip of white ribbon and the 4 red squares are popped up.  To finish off the card front I've added clear rhinestones to the bauble and snowflakes.


Inside I've glued a white CS panel.  I stamped another bauble and string and I've punched out the round Merry Christmas sentiment from the set and glued it to the bauble.  A strip of the dotty paper and a thin Riding Hood CS strip finishes the inside.  The snowflake on the envelope flap was punched out from another bauble in the Delightful Decorations set. 

All the while I'm enjoying making Christmas cards I'm going to carry on, strike while the iron is hot as they say!  I really liked making this bold and bright little number and was very happy how it turned out! 


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Delightful Decorations & Hung Up on the Holidays sets
CS: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Riding Hood Red & Whisper White
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny Avocado Dot
Ink: SU! Riding Hood Red, Old Olive & Tempting Turquoise, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Labels SU! Ornament punch, circle punches, square Nestability die, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: white grosgrain ribbon, clear rhinestones, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10