Friday 9 September 2011

Sponged Silhouettes Just For You Card - Simply Stampin' #23 Challenge

This week's Simply Stampin' Challenge is a colour combo challenge - Melon Mambo, Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue and Whisper White.  I've always liked Bashful Blue and Melon Mambo is a true favourite of mine but it took me a long time to warm to Perfect Plum.  I think I've always used it with Old Olive or Elegant Eggplant so this colour combo was quite a reach for me, a real challenge but I'm really glad I tried it!  As the combo was enough of a challenge I decided to make things easier by using one of my favourite sets, the gorgeous Just Believe set.

My card is an A6 landscape easel card made with Bashful Blue CS.  I punched a 1" circle as a mask for the moon and then got sponging with my Bashful Blue and Perfect Plum inks using a torn piece of CS as a mask.  I then stamped the silhouettes in Perfect Plum ink.  I used an edge distressing tool on the white panel and sponged the edges with Plum ink.  I've matted on Melon Mambo and Plum layers and added brads and a sentiment.  For the bottom of the card, I added some Bashful Blue patterned paper to a Plum mat, added a Melon Mambo Scalloped border and used three flowery circles to act as a stop for the easel.  I stamped one circle in Bashful Blue and two in Perfect Plum - stamping off the Plum ink once first.


I then stamped a message panel and sponged the edges.


Finally, I stamped the front of the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Just Believe set
CS: SU! Bashful Blue, Melon Mambo, Perfect Plum & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Bashful Blue Prints DSP pack
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue & Perfect Plum
Tools: SU! Scallop Border punch, circle punches & Word Window punch, edge distressing tool, sponges and sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage brads, dimensionals

Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

I love the sponging technique, mine always looks wrong! I have only just inked my Just believe stamp set, such a naughty girl. You've made a great card with it, the circles are great as stoppers!
Kelly xx

Uschi said...

You have succeeded in an excellent card. You have used wonderful colours and designed the landscape gorgeous. Your sponging technique is super! And I also think your idea to use the circles for stoppers is excellent. When I saw your card, I thought that I have to try sponging once again.
Best wishes from Germany
Uschi

kelly said...

well done Ruth, we made the top 3!
Kelly xx

01 09 10