Wednesday 7 September 2011

Snowmen Window Christmas Card

Now September is upon us I've decided I need to start making Christmas cards in earnest if I want to get them made in time this year!  I recently bought the Sizzix Rounded Tags Framelits dies and I thought they'd be perfect to use with the SU! Window Dressing set.

I started off with a Baja Breeze A6 card blank and stamped the window, snowmen and sentiment on some watercolour paper.  I coloured the image by scribbling markers on a tile and picking the colour up with a wet paintbrush.  Once the panel was dry, I sponged some Wild Honey distress ink around the image and added some Dazzling Diamonds to the snowmen.  I matted the image onto a Riding Hood Red tag and added an Olive border at the bottom that I'd punched with the Martha Stewart Classic Stars border punch.  Before adhering it to the card, I added some Chocolate Chip ribbon.


I love that star border punch, I used it again for the inside of the card and envelope.  I saved some of the punched out stars and added them to the sentiment panel.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Window Dressing set, inside sentiment from Penny Black
CS: SU! Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Whisper White, watercolour paper 
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive and Chocolate Chip, Tim Holtz Wild Honey distress ink 
Tools: Sizzix Rounded Tags Framelits dies, Martha Stewart Classic Stars border punch, square Nestabilities dies, Stamp-a-ma-jig 
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds 

Photobucket 

No comments:

01 09 10