Monday 26 September 2011

CAS Birthday Bloom Card

Today's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is to use paper piecing.  I bought a lovely Hero Arts clear flower set a few weeks ago from the Glitter Pot after seeing some fab cards on display made with the set.  In fact, most of the example cards had used paper piecing.  This was the perfect nudge for me to get those new stamps inky!  I fancied a change from Christmas cards today too.

I've used textured Dot papers from Bo Bunny for piecing - 3 shades of blue for the flower layers and a green for the leaves.  The papers are dotted on one side and plain on the other and I alternated between plain and dotted on my flower layers.  I've edged the leaves and flowers with distress inks.  I added some shaping to the flowers and leaves and popped the flower layers up.  I rounded the top right corner of the card and added gems to finish off the front.



I then stamped a few flowers plus a favourite birthday sentiment inside the card and I also stamped some flowers on the front of the envelope.

 

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Sew Me Jewel Flowers clear set, Inkadinkado Stylish Sentiments set, inside sentiment from Stampendous
CS: PaperMania 5 1/4" square white card blank
Patterned paper: Bo Bunny Dot papers in Island Mist, Ocean, Aquamarine & Avocado
Ink: Adirondack Espresso, Tim Holtz Broken China & Peeled paint distress inks, SU! Old Olive
Tools: Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: Kaisercraft gems, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

Ali Manning said...

Just spotted your card in the CAS challenge on splitcoast and had to tell you how fab I think it is! Now I love it even more because I can see the stamping inside and on the envelope. I love it!

kelly said...

I love paper piercing it's definitely a fav technique of my it's fast and easy, which is always good!
Kelly xx

01 09 10