Thursday 8 September 2011

Snowglobe Merriest Wishes Card

I always seem to buy at least one new snowman stamp every year - I find snowmen stamps hard to resist!  What am I saying? - truthfully - I just find stamps hard to resist LOL!  This snowglobe one is a Hero Arts stamp I got recently and I love it!  I've also recently bought a couple of new Christmas sentiment sets.  The set I've used on this card is also from Hero Arts.  I have a fondness for sentiments that use two different style of fonts and the larger font used in this set is just so lovely!  A bonus for me is that I can have a matching sentiment inside the card too.

Every year I say the same thing - "I'm not going to buy more Christmas craft stuff" and every year, without fail, I do buy more!  This year I'm operating a strict policy where if something new comes in to the craft stash then something older has to leave the craft stash.  So far so good - but it is only September!

The card measures 5 1/4" square.  I've added a panel of the gorgeous Baja Breeze coloured pattern paper from the old SU! Ski Slope DSP pack.  I stamped the snowglobe on watercolour paper and used marker  ink scribbled on a ceramic tile and a wet paintbrush to colour it in.  I've sprinkled utrafine glitter on the snowflakes in the globe and I've added chunkier crystal glitter jewels to the bottom of the snowglobe.  You can click on the picture to see a larger view if you'd like.  After cutting out the globe, I popped it up, added the sentiment and tied the ribbon around the card.


I then stamped a sentiment panel for inside the card and a snowflake circle went on the envelope flap.  "May you and yours enjoy a very Merry Christmas" - what a lovely sentiment!  That snowflake I've used is lovely too.  I also have a thing for snowflakes and a couple of new ones have crept into the stash this year!  This one comes from a retired SU! Hostess set called Patterned Pines - which also has a stamp with a gorgeous trio of trees on it.  I've started a card - a very sparkly little number - using that image so it will appear on the blog soon!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Snowglobe Little Clings stamp, Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas clear set, snowflake from SU! Patterned Pines set
CS: PaperMania square white card blank, SU! Riding Hood Red & Old Olive, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! Ski Slope Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Square Nestabilities die, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, ultrafine crystal glitter, Cosmic Shimmer Iced Crystal Glitter Jewels, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

what a fun fab card, love the snowglobe image!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10