Monday 5 September 2011

Happy Mail For Kelly

Kelly loved the butterfly post it notes idea when I posted the first one I made.  So I decided to make and send her one - and I included a matching card and a tealight lollipop.  I got a very sweet email from Kelly saying how this happy mail had made her day!

I chose Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette and Basic Black as my colour combo.  I used the fabulous Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die and one of my favourite SU! background stamps, Victorian Lace.  Sadly, this gorgeous stamp is old and retired  but hey, it doesn't stop me from enjoying it!  Here's the card.  I added another colour to the combo for the circle - Basic Gray.  I embossed the Pink Pirouette butterfly with the Square Lattice folder.  For the antennae, I wrapped some ribbon around the body, twisted and tied it together with some thread.  I added a black gem brad.  The 'hello' is from the Swirls and Curls Verses set, I didn't ink up the bird of the sentiment, instead I added the tiniest butterfly from the Beautiful Wings embosslits die.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  Inside the card are butterflies from the Beautiful Wings embosslits die.  The stamped and punched frame is where I wrote Kelly's name - the envelope is the wrong way up in the photo! - using the Four Frames set and the Decorative Label punch. 


Here's the butterfly post it notes holder - it has pink butterfly shaped post it notes inside!  To see how they're made, please visit this Inking Idaho blog post where I got the fab idea from.


Here's the tealight flower lollipop all wrapped up in the cellophane bag with a butterfly tag attached to the ribbon bow.  The butterfly on the tealight is from a clear Hero Arts set I've had for ages, it was the perfect size for the tealight!  I stamped it on tissue paper, punched it out (with CS behind), made a hole for the wick to poke through and then heated the tissue circle with my heat gun until the wax melted over the tissue.  The tealight is attached to the Pink Pirouette circle with glue dots and the lolly stick is sandwiched between two die cut flowers with some added die cut leaves.  I've used the largest flower from the Tattered Florals Sizzix die.


Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

I loved it Ruth, thank you so much!!
Kelly xx

Ruthie said...

Wow - thats great - the tealight is such a cute idea too!
Rx

Sian Ridley said...

I am here on your blog because of Kelly :) she was just telling me about this gift and card that you had made for her and so I thought I'd take a peek! It's beautiful! I shall now have to have a look at how the butterfly post-it's were made!

I can understand why Kelly is such a fan of yours, your work is wonderful, unique and creative :)

01 09 10