Friday 23 September 2011

CASEd SU! Catalogue Christmas Cards

I've had the new UK SU! catalogue for a few days now and it's SO lovely!  Of course, I'm eager to get some of the new goodies but can't order until 1st October. Patience is not one of my strong points!  What I can happily do though is CASE some of the sample cards inside the new catalogue.  There are some fab cards and I'm happy to see quite a few that use some sets I already have, it's so nice to get some inspiration for older sets that I haven't inked in a while. I'm on a Christmas card kick currently and I particularly liked the card on page 25 and Jan very kindly lent me her Top Note die so I could make my version. 

Another bright and cheery combo, I seem to gravitate towards brighter colours these days and they seem to work out for me.  I went in the complete opposite direction yesterday and tried making a card with a much richer combo of Always Artichoke, Baroque Burgundy and Vanilla - let's just say it wasn't a success and leave it at that!  I'll have another go at that combo later though, to see if I can pull it off!  Here the card base is Wild Wasabi, the half Top Note is Melon Mambo and the circle is Pink Pirouette.  I stamped the Dot, Dot, Dot background stamp on it in Pink Pirouette ink.  The teeny flowers are stamped in Melon Mambo and were punched out with a small circle punch.  I added them to the popped up tree and added rhinestone centres.


As I had another Melon Mambo half a Top Note shape I thought I may as well make another card with the same layout.  This time I've used the poinsettia stamp from the set.  This card base is Pink Pirouette and the circle is Wild Wasabi.  I've stamped the poinsettias in Melon Mambo ink, stamping three times without re-inking to get three different shades.  I've added a bit of shaping to the flowers and added rhinestones to the centres.


I decorated the envelopes and insides of the two cards exactly the same way.  I used the So Swirly wheel, a Stampendous sentiment and added Pink Pirouette punched snowflakes with silver Stickles in the centres.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Season of Joy set, Dot, Dot, Dot background stamp & So Swirly wheel, Stampendous Christmas Wishes clear set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye 12 Days of Christmas 'It's the season'
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi & Early Espresso
Tools: SU! Top Note die, SU! Eyelet Border punch, small circle punch from Itty Bitty Shapes pack, circle Nestabilities die, Woodware small snowflake punch, Stamp-a-ma-jig
Embellishments & accessories: clear rhinestones, silver Stickles, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

Hi Ruth,

I'm super excited for the 1st oct too!!

Kelly xx

01 09 10