Wednesday 14 September 2011

Snowman Snow Globe Easel Card

Lesley, my friend from card group, has had this Personal Impressions snowglobe stamp for ages and was at a loss as to what to do with it.  I asked if I could borrow it to see what I could come up with.  I decided to pair it with a Hero Arts snowman stamp and made an easel card.

The card measures 4 3/4" square and I used Crumb Cake CS for the base.  I stamped the snowman on watercolour paper and after colouring him in with inks and a blender pen I cut him out.  He was a tad too tall so I cut a slit along the snow line in the globe, slid the snowman into the slot and glued him flat to the globe.  I stamped the snowy bit separately on some Whisper White CS, trimmed it and popped it up with 1mm foam tape.  I stamped the snowglobe base on Creamy Caramel CS, overstamped that with a woodgrain pattern in Espresso ink, cut it out, sponged the edges with Creamy Caramel ink and popped that up with 2mm foam tape.  I've added crystal flakes to the snowy bit of the globe and Star Dust Stickles to the snowy dots inside the globe.

I cut a panel of Riding Hood Red CS for the card front and embossed it with a dotty folder, popped up the image on square Nestie die shapes, added some brads and mounted the image panel to the front of the easel.  For the easel stop, I stamped a large greeting on a strip of Crumb Cake CS, added a Riding Hood Red scalloped border and popped it up with foam tape.  I punched 3 Baja Breeze snowflakes, glued those to the sentiment strip and added some rhinestones.


For inside, I added another red scalloped strip glued flat to the card and stamped some snowflakes in Riding Hood Red ink. That's where I will write my message. I stamped the same snowflakes on the envelope flap.  I hope this inspires Lesley to have a go with her snowglobe stamp.  I know I'm going to use it a couple more times while I have the chance!


Supplies:
Stamps: Personal Impressions Snow Globe, Hero Arts 'Let It Snow' snowman cling stamp, Woodware 'Wishing You' single clear stamp, snowflakes from Butterfly Kisses 'Snowy Christmas' clear set, Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain DesignBlock stamp
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze & Whisper White, watercolour paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Wild Wasabi, Creamy Caramel, Early Espresso & Basic Gray
Tools: Square & Lacy Square Nestabilities dies, SU! Scalloped Border punch, Woodware small snowflake punch, Crafts Too 5 x 5 Dots embossing folder
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage brads, Star Dust Stickles, Cosmic Shimmer Iced Crystal Glitter Jewels, clear rhinestones, 1mm & 2mm foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

Alex said...

It's gorgeous, Ruth! Love the colours you used and what you've done with the snowman! Very inspirational, I think, your friend will be itching to create with it now!

Love, Alex

01 09 10