Tuesday 20 September 2011

Cupcakes Sweetest Day Card - Simply Stampin' #25 Sketch Challenge

This week it's a sketch challenge at the Simply Stampin' Challenge blog.  I liked it as soon as I saw it and decided I must make a card.  I've been busy for the last few days though and haven't had any inky time.  I managed to finally get in my craft room today and stamp.  Here is the sketch.

  I decided to use my Crazy for Cupcakes set which hasn't seen a lot of ink lately.  I love the pile of cupcakes on the stand!  I chose Pink Pirouette, Rose Red and Baja Breeze as my colour combo.  I've coloured the image with marker inks and a blender pen and I added Glossy Accents to the cherries.  I cut out the pile of cupcakes and have popped it up.  I've sponged the edges of the sentiment and image panel with Pink Pirouette ink and I also did the same on the dotty embossed Pink Pirouette square layer.  I embossed the Baja Breeze strip with the Vintage Wallpaper folder.  I punched a Rose Red border with the Scallop punch and glued it behind the Baja Breeze layer and I added a clear rhinestone to each full scallop.  The main image and sentiment oval are popped up.


For the inside I used patterned papers to paper piece balloons and I added the lovely Happy Birthday sentiment from the Swirls and Curls Verses set.  I also added a paper pieced balloon to the envelope flap but forgot to take a pic!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Crazy for Cupcakes & Swirls & Curls Verses sets
CS: PaperMania 5 1/4" square white card blank, SU! Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Baja Breeze & Whisper White
Patterned paper: papers from various SU! Designer Series Paper packs
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Pink Pirouette, Rose Red, Baja Breeze, Creamy Caramel & Riding Hood Red
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities dies, SU! Scalloped Border punch, SU! plain and scalloped oval punches, SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder, Crafts Too Dots 5" x 5" embossing folder, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Glossy Accents, clear rhinestones, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love your yummy cupcake card - great colour combo too - Jacqueline xx

kelly said...

gorgeous Ruth, I can't decide what I like more, the card or envelope!
Kelly xx

artfulstampin said...

super cute card! I'm a "Ruth M" too! lol!

Simply Stampin Challenge said...

Love it! Especially those balloons - a really fun card! Thanks for joining us at the Simply Stampin' Challenge this week, Niki x

01 09 10