Monday 12 September 2011

Fern & Butterflies Happy Birthday Card - Simply Stampin' Challenge #24

What a lovely challenge Simply Stampin' has for us this week - Flutterby Butterfly.  I combined butterflies from the gorgeous Beautiful Wings embosslits die with one of my favourite stamp images, the fern from the Growing Green stamp set.  I also tried something that I've been wanting to do for ages - use the H from the Hope stamp from the Strength and Hope stamp set and add on 'appy birthday'.  It worked out rather well I think!

My card is a side opening A6 landscape card made with Marina Mist CS.  I opted for a serene green and blue colour combo for this card.  I stamped the fern on watercolour paper in Wasabi ink, patted my Wasabi ink pad onto a ceramic tile and then used a wet paintbrush to pick up the ink and colour in the leaves.   I then sponged Marina Mist ink on the panel.  Using a sponge dauber, I applied Platinum Shimmer Paint to the embossed areas of the die cut butterflies.  If you shake the bottle of paint you'll get some in the lid, I dab my dauber in the lid to pick up the paint - you don't get too much that way.  I've popped up the butterfly wings a tad and added rhinestones.  I added Night of Navy and Wasabi punched photo corners - the photo corners punch is on the retired list, what are Stampin' Up! thinking?!  It certainly won't be retired in my house LOL!  I used markers for the sentiment so I could easily ink just the parts I needed.  After trimming the Whisper White panel I sponged Marina Mist ink onto it and added a couple more butterflies.  Couldn't resist popping a rhinestone on the photo corner to finish off the front!


I then cut a panel of Whisper White CS for inside the card.  I stamped the fern in Wasabi ink and I've popped up a flower that I stamped on Marina Mist CS.  I sponged the edges of the white panel and the flower with Marina Mist ink.  I stamped another fern on the envelope to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Growing Green, Strength & Hope & Curly Cute sets
CS: SU! Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi & Marina Mist
Tools: Petite Oval Nestabilities dies, SU! Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, SU! Photo Corners punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Platinum Shimmer Paint, rhinestones & dimensionals

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this card, & the cleaver way you have used the "H" for your sentiment!! Pretty colours too, thanks for joining us at Simply Stampin' challenge this week. x

01 09 10