Wednesday 28 September 2011

Another Dangly Bauble Card

A few days ago I tried making a card using a colour combo of Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy and Very Vanilla but I had to give it up as a bad job - I wasn't happy at all with anything I tried!  I was determined to have another go with this combo though and I'm glad I tried again.  It resulted in a finished card that I'm happy to share rather than a full wastepaper basket!  I really like bright, bold Christmas cards and I've made a few of those but I fancied trying a more rich and elegant combo.

Mind you, it wasn't exactly trouble free - I found my Bravo Burgundy ink pad had an odd coloured patina on the surface and it didn't stamp at all well.  I was happy to discover that Adirondack Currant ink is a perfect match for Bravo Burgundy CS so I used that instead.  I stamped the Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish (can't argue there - it IS fabulous!) in artichoke ink and trimmed the vanilla panel down so I could layer it onto a burgundy mat.  I stamped the ornament on a separate piece of CS, cut it out and punched a small hole in the hanger part.  Yep, the ornament is a new stamp - I felt I needed it to soften the blow when I have to give Jan her SU! Delightful Decorations set back soon!  I punched two small holes on the vanilla panel and threaded gold cord through the holes and tied the ornament to the vanilla panel.  Before gluing the panel down I inked the edges with Currant ink.  I masked off part of the sentiment, stamped just the 'It's Christmas' wording and stamped the rest separately to go inside the card.  I decided to scatter a few gold snowflakes on the front and I also added some rhinestones to the ornament.


I then stamped the flourish on a vanilla panel for inside the card, sponged the edges of the vanilla pieces with Currant ink and added the sentiment label.


Then, because it IS just so fabulous and I LOVE it - I stamped the flourish on the envelope a couple of times.  What a classy stamp - hope you like it too 'cos you're definitely going to be seeing it again LOL!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Fabulous Flourish & Decorative Ornament stamps, Stampendous Christmas Wishes clear stamp set
CS: SU! Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy & Very Vanilla, gold CS
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke, Adirondack Currant
Tools: SU! Designer label punch, Woodware small snowflake punch, 1/16" handheld circle punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: gold cord, clear rhinestones

Photobucket

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Fabulous card. I love the flourish stamp. And the colours go together so well.
You did good :-).

kelly said...

That swirl/flourish is super decadent, love it.
Kelly xx

01 09 10