Monday 15 June 2020

Bloom Circles Little Smile Card

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave has issued a card challenge for members of her 2020 New Catalogue Kickoff Party Facebook group.  The challenge is to create a card based on the graphic shown below.


When I looked at the graphic I saw the colours, stripes and the letter Os in the words really popped out at me.  My colour combo is Basic Grey, Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo and white.  I'm not sure I would have put these colours together without the challenge prompt but my card has quite a bold and graphic look I think and I'm happy with the end result!  

I used the SU! 'Layering Circles' die set to cut out the circles.  I stamped the flowers (from the SU! 'Thoughtful Blooms' set) and sentiment in VersaMark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.   I was conscious that if I didn't line things up carefully any wonkiness or spacing issues would be really noticeable with this design so I used my T square ruler to help with placement.  I cut out the blooms with the SU! 'Small Bloom' punch, shaped them a bit and glued them in place.  I added a punched 1/4" CS circle to the centre of each bloom.  I cut the sentiment (from the 'Fancy Phrases' set) into three strips and glued those down to complete the card front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope decorated with colourful blooms.  I enjoyed this challenge and it's great fun to see everyone else's interpretation!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Thoughtful Blooms' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Basic Gray, Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana, Melon Mambo & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana & Melon Mambo, VersaMark
Tools: SU! 'Layering Circles' die set, 'Small Bloom' punch, 1/4" circle punch, heat tool
Embellishments & accessories: SU! white embossing powder 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10