Monday 15 June 2020

Purple Poppies Birthday Buckle Card

Having recently made a poppies themed thank you buckle card I thought it would be fun to make a birthday version for my friend Jan.  I was inspired to try making buckle cards after watching Cindy Brumbaugh's fab video tutorial.

I know poppies are usually red but I used patterned paper that was more purple than red and my colour combo was Rich Razzleberry, Purple Posy, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive along with black and white.  On my previous poppy buckle card I only used the die cut poppies and leaves but this time I added some die cut bud elements.  Here's the card on display.


This view shows the slot and belt.  The belt feeds through the slot to form the buckle and that's how the card closes.


It can be a tad fiddly to feed the belt through the slot.  From now on whenever I make a buckle card I'll round the corners of the belt as that helps.


This view shows the card open.


Here's a closer look at the panel inside the card.  I embellished with silver sequins.


Here's the card and envelope together.


I also added a pretty die cut name label to the front of the envelope to make it just a bit more special! 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set
CS: SU! Purple Posy, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: 'Peaceful Poppies' DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Poppy Moments', 'Layering Circles' & 'Stiched So Sweetly' die sets, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: silver sequins, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10