Tuesday 2 June 2020

Two Christmas Tree Collar Cards

I was determined to use my SU! 'Perfectly Plaid' Christmas stamp set and matching patterned paper.  What happens is this - late in the year I buy one last Christmas stamp set and possibly other Christmas stuff like patterned paper and it's really too late to use to make Christmas cards for that year.  So the stamps and accessories get put away and then the new SU! Christmas stuff comes out and I, of course, buy some new stuff and my still uninked stamps and unused Christmas stuff lay neglected and ignored.  It's happened too many times and this year I decided that was NOT going to happen!

A lovely collar card made by Cindy Brumbaugh caught my eye over on Pinterest when I went looking for inspiration.  Cindy has a great collar card tutorial video on her blog post HERE.  I thought I may as well make two collar cards while I had the supplies out.  It was great fun choosing which patterned papers to use - I love the peek of the contrasting pattern!  Here are the two cards together.


Here's the Cherry Cobbler and Shaded Spruce card.  I did have to hunt around for a sentiment that would fit in the collar space - a really old Stampendous wood mount stamp was perfect!  The collar, Cherry Cobbler circle and the tree are all popped up.  Following Cindy's example I embellished the tree with red rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I just had to put the 'North Pole Delivery' stamp on the envelopes!


Here's the Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce and Cherry Cobbler card.  I used the realistic pine tree image but didn't bother stamping the separate trunk.  After punching out the tree I snipped off the tree trunk portion of the punched shape.  Again I popped up the collar, Cherry Cobbler circle and the tree and added red rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


 The next card I share on the blog will be a Z fold card made using the 'Perfectly Plaid' stamp set and plaid papers - I can't believe I didn't stop at these two collar cards but carried on and made another Christmas card - go me!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Perfectly Plaid' & 'Greatest Part of Christmas' sets, Stampendous 'Merry Christmas' stamp

CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Shaded Spruce & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Wrapped in Plaid' 6" x 6" specialty DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! paper trimmer, 'Pine Tree' punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! red rhinestone jewels, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10