Monday 29 June 2020

Merlot Baubles Flourish Christmas Card

I'm tending to use mainly Stampin' Up! products these days for my projects which is made easier due to the fact I can no longer be tempted by visits to local craft stores.  The Glitter Pot in Burgess Hill where there were always so many tempting goodies closed down several years ago now which is very sad but probably better in terms of managing the size of my stash!  On an ongoing basis I'm trying to whittle down my crafting stash as, of course, I have more stuff than I need or can use! 

There are some products that I just can't let go of and the IndigoBlu 'Baubles Flourish' stamp is one of them.  I also keep lots of SU! products after they've been retired as I have real difficulty letting my favourites leave my craft room! It's all very well keeping them but they do need to be used and that's a struggle too.  So having decided to keep the 'Baubles Flourish' stamp I felt I should at least make a card with it!

Here's the card and envelope together.


I opted for a simple design but that allows the gorgeous image to shine.  I used SU! Merry Merlot and Whisper White as my colour combo.  This beautiful stamp is large and I find it so much easier to stamp with using my SU! Stamparatus stamp positioning tool.  I don't have to wrestle with a large acrylic block and if the image doesn't stamp perfectly (which can happen with larger images) I can stamp again to achieve a perfect image.  The 'Merry Christmas' sentiment from the SU! 'Perfectly Plaid' set was the ideal choice I thought as the swirly design goes well with the flourish.  I placed tiny silver nailheads on the baubles as a finishing touch.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  The 'sending you a flurry of warm Christmas wishes' is one of my most favourite sentiments ever and the snowflakes included in the stamp image gave me the perfect opportunity to use it on this card!


I've been trying to make multiples of Christmas cards this year and I'm thinking I may need to make more of this design.  Hmmm, let's wait and see if that thought turns into reality!

Supplies:
Stamps: IndigoBlu 'Baubles Flourish', SU! 'Perfectly Plaid' & 'Flurry of Wishes' sets
CS: SU! Merry Merlot & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Merry Merlot
Tools: SU! Stamparatus, SU! circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: tiny silver nailheads 

Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10