Saturday 6 June 2020

Purple Butterflies Birthday Wishes Card

This is my version of a card shown on page 46 of the 2019 SU! Annual Catalogue.  I love butterflies and I really liked the mixture of die cut and stamped sentiment elements.  I only recently got the SU! 'Well Written' set of dies, they were discounted so I took advantage of the cheaper price!

I used a dotty stamp from the retired SU! 'Dragonfly Dreams' set to stamp a background in Basic Gray ink (stamped off once).  I die cut three Basic Gray 'birthday' words, glued them together for some dimension, glued the word to the Purple Posy circle and added a purple Glitter Enamel Dot above the letter i. I stamped the butterflies in Gorgeous Grape ink onto Purple Posy CS, punched the butterflies out, stamped the antennas, glued the butterflies in place and added rhinestone jewels.  I attached the strip of ribbon and popped up the Purple Posy circle.  I found a 'birthday wishes' sentiment stamp in my stash, masked so I could just ink the word 'wishes', stamped that on Highland Heather CS using Gorgeous Grape ink, cut a flagged banner and glued it to the Purple Posy circle.  Hmmmm, I felt I'd placed the circle too high which meant the card was rather bare at the bottom and the balance was off.  I remedied that by adding a piece of patterned paper and a strip of Basic Gray  CS to the bottom of the card.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope flap.  Yeah, I think I went a bit fancy!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Butterfly Gala' &  'Dragonfly Dreams' sets, Apple Blossom 'Wavy Sentiments' set
CS: SU! Basic Gray, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Purple Posy & Whisper White thick

Patterned paper: SU! 'Botanical Butterfly' DSP
Ink: SU! Basic Gray & Gorgeous Grape
Tools: SU! 'Layering Circles' & 'Well Written' die sets, 'Butterfly Duet' & 'Triple Banner' punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Purple Tricolor ribbon, rhinestone jewels, Glitter Enamel Dots & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10