Tuesday 23 June 2020

Tree Merry Christmas Front Flap Cards - Set Of Six

I've seen a few front flap cards about recently and I thought I'd have a go as I'm partial to a fancy fold card that's easy to make!  Basically, you have one panel of A6 sized CS as a base and then you adhere a mini card to the base.  It makes a fun change from a normal card and it's a great way to use the patterned paper I have!  I sat down and made one entire card and then made another five cards in an assembly line fashion.

Here are my six cards all together.  I used SU! 'Wrapped in Plaid' patterned paper and I chose a different pattern for each card.  The trees are actually punched from one of the papers in the pack.  I used the SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set to cut out the fancy labels.  For the sentiment I used my old trusty Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set.


I made three cards with Shaded Spruce card bases.


I made three cards with Cherry Cobbler card bases.


Here's card 1.  The trees and the sentiment labels are popped up on Dimensionals.  I topped each tree with a punched gold foil star and added three gold sequins.  These accents pick up on the gold foiling in the patterned papers.


Card 2.


Card 3.


Card 4.



Card 5.


Card 6.


Here you can see how the card opens.  I used CS measuring 2 3/4" x 8 1/4" scored in half to make the mini cards.   


Here's a closer look at the panel inside.  That's a lovely sentiment and I absolutely adore that mini pine cone image!


I stamped Shaded Spruce plaid trees, cut them out with the 'Pine Tree' punch and glued a tree to each envelope flap.


Finally, here's a card with a matching envelope.  


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Perfectly Plaid' & 'Dashing Deer' sets
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Shaded Spruce & Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheet

Patterned paper: SU! 'Wrapped in Plaid' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Pine Tree' punch, 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set, X Cut star punch
Embellishments & accessories: gold sequins, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10