Monday 8 June 2020

Blue Blossoms Birthday Card

The moment I saw the 'Blossoms in Bloom' stamp set in the new 2020 SU! Annual Catalogue I fell in love with it and knew I had to have it!  What a beautiful floral stamp set - I love the soft watercolour look of the images.  I know I already have SO many flower stamps but I absolutely had to acquire this set too!

There is a lovely card made with the set on page 50 of the catalogue and I CASEd that design.  The flowers image is a large stamp and I used my Stamparatus rather than a large acrylic block to stamp on the Whisper White panel.  With a large stamp you don't always get a perfect impression and using the Stamparatus means you can stamp again in exactly the right place if you've missed a spot - wonderfully helpful!  I used Seaside Spray ink for the flowers, Daffodil Delight ink for the flower centres and Granny Apple Green ink for the leaves.  I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink, glued the panel to the front of the Seaside Spray A6 sized card base and added a narrow strip of Night of Navy CS.  I spritzed with a Night of Navy marker and added three silver sequins to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I chose to use the SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set for the sentiments on this card - I love the 'innie and outie' aspect of being able to have a sentiment on the front and a sentiment inside with a matching font.


The 'Blossoms in Bloom' stamp set comes as a bundle with the 'Many Layered Blossoms' set of matching dies.  I've seen some beautiful cards made with the dies but honestly I think I'm going to be happiest just sticking with the stamps and ink!  Sometimes simple can be best!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Blossoms in Bloom' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU! Seaside Spray, Night of Navy & Whisper White

Ink: SU! Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy & Seaside Spray, Night of Navy Stampin' Write marker
Tools: SU! Stamparatus, SU! circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: silver sequins, SU! mini glue dots

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10