Thursday 11 June 2020

Poppies Thank You Buckle Card

Recently I CASEd Cindy Brumbaugh's collar card design and while I was over on Cindy's YouTube channel I discovered this wonderful video for a buckle card and after watching it I was itching to make one myself!  I love a fancy fold card that isn't too tricky to make and that is also easy to display and this buckle card design fits the bill perfectly!

I've recently got the SU! 'Peaceful Moments' bundle which comprises the 'Peaceful Moments' sentiment stamp set and the 'Poppy Moments' set of dies.  I also got the beautiful 'Peaceful Poppies' pack of patterned paper.  I thought these products would be perfect to make a buckle card and I must say I was very pleased with the end result!

Poppies have very delicate, almost papery petals and I tried to recreate that look by scrunching up the solid die cut flowers which I cut from Flirty Flamingo CS.  I used Poppy Parade CS for the detail flowers and Basic Black CS for the flower centres.  I used Old Olive and Mossy Meadow CS to make the leaves.  I mounted the large poppy on a Basic Black circle which I matted onto a larger Old Olive circle.  Cindy gives excellent tips and advice about applying adhesive to the elements, you do need to be careful to ensure you can feed the belt through the slot without difficulty.  Both poppies are popped up on Dimensionals.  I added pretty faceted gems to embellish.



Here's another view of the card.  The poppies strip 'belt' (adhered to the back of the card) will slide through the slot which acts as a buckle and the card closes beautifully.


Here you can see the belt has slid into the slot.


Here is the inside of the card.


Here is the front buckle portion of the card.  Cindy used the SU! 'Classic Label' punch to cut her slot but I don't have that punch so I needed to find an alternative product.  The smallest die from the Spellbinder's 'Labels Trio' die set was perfect.  I glued the patterned paper to the card front and then die cut the slot.


Here's a closer look at the larger poppy.  Scrunching up the die cut shape a few times adds a lovely textural touch!


Here's the front of the envelope decorated with the very pretty poppy patterned paper.  I really enjoyed making this buckle card and I'll be making another one for a friend's birthday shortly - and it's very likely to feature the gorgeous poppies again! 

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Peaceful Moments' set
CS: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive, Poppy Parade, Basic Black & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! 'Peaceful Poppies' DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Poppy Moments' & 'Layering Circles' die sets, SU! circle punch, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 'From My Heart' faceted gems, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10