Wednesday 24 June 2020

Lighthouse Birthday Wishes Card

Dena Rekow from the Creativity Cave is running a 2020 New Catalogue Kickoff Party and I'm taking part.  It's lots of fun and there's loads of fabulous inspiration!  Dena has issued a summer water card challenge for those of us taking part in the New Catalogue Kickoff Party.


I reached for the SU! 'High Tide' set and made a lighthouse sea scene card.  I stamped the lighthouse with stamped off once and full strength Real Red ink.  I used stamped off once and full strength Seaside Spray ink for the sea and I applied Balmy Blue ink with an oval make up brush for the sky.  After I'd stamped the scene and was attempting to mat and layer I didn't like the spacing around my stamped panel and it didn't look balanced.  I used a Stitched Rectangle die to cut out the stamped panel, cut it into three pieces and then layered those pieces onto a mat of Real Red CS.  The balance was much better!  I stamped the sentiment and mounted the red panel onto the front of a Crumb Cake A6 sized card base.


Here's the inside of the card with a stamped sentiment and a mini stamped and sponged scene.


Here's the envelope with a stamped and sponged scene circle element made with 1 3/4" and 2" circle punches.


Here's my card and envelope together and I'm quite pleased how this turned out!  It would work as a card for a male which is great!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'High Tide' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Real Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy, Real Red, Sahara Sand & Seaside Spray
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangle' die set, SU! 1 3/4" & 2" circle punches, oval make up brushes
Ruth


No comments:

01 09 10