Wednesday 17 June 2020

Ornaments Merry Christmas Buckle Card

I'm enjoying making buckle cards and I thought it was about time to make a Christmas themed one.  I'm really wanting to do much better this year in having Christmas cards made in plenty of time.  My efforts in recent years have been woeful and it's so much better not to have to stress in November about how many more Christmas cards you need to make!  I was inspired to make buckle cards after seeing this wonderful video tutorial by Cindy Brumbaugh.

I started off by choosing patterned papers from the SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' specialty DSP pack and I selected ink and CS colours based on the colours in the papers.  I've used Pretty Peacock, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla and copper.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's just the card.  I embossed a strip of Copper Foil Sheet with the 'Hammered Metal' 3D embossing folder to add texture and shine to the belt.  I used strips of the copper foil as strings for the popped up ornaments.  I added three copper Star Designer Elements to complete the card front.


Here's the card opened out.  I corner rounded the ends of the belt to make it easier to feed the belt through the slot to form the buckle closure.


Here's a closer look at the inside panel.


Here's the Very Vanilla envelope with the flap decorated with patterned paper.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Gleaming' set
CS: SU! Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock & Very Vanilla, Copper Foil Sheet 

Patterned paper: SU! 'Brightly Gleaming' specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Night of Navy & Pretty Peacock
Tools: SU! 'Gleaming Ornaments' punch pack, 'Hammered Metal' 3D embossing folder, Spellbinders 'Labels Trio' die set, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: SU! copper Star Designer Elements, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10