Sunday 13 December 2020

Bright Wobble Gingerbread Merry Christmas Card

This is probably the brightest Christmas card I've ever made!  I knew I wanted to make a wobble gingerbread man card for Sophie, a colleague at work.  Sophie is a sweetheart and absolutely loves bright colours and all things cute. I chose a piece of plaid paper from the SU! 'Plaid Tidings' DSP pack that had Melon Mambo and Mango Melody colours and then got busy die cutting the gingerbread man.

Here's the card and envelope together.


I cut the gingerbread man several times using different colours of CS and then I inlaid the coloured pieces into the kraft coloured gingerbread shape.  I sponged the edges of the shape with Soft Suede ink to add some dimension and mounted him on a wobble spring on top of a popped up black stitched die cut square. I die cut the sentiment and popped that up also.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.  I thought the joy sentiment was very apt as this cheery gingerbread man sure is joyous!


I was so pleased with how this card turned out I later made another two using different colours!


Supplies: 
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Miracle of the Holidays' set 
CS: SU! Basic Black, Mango Melody, Melon Mambo & Whisper White, PaperMania kraft CS
Ink: SU! Soft Suede, Memento Tuxedo Black, black Sharpie
Tools: Crafter's Companion 'Jolly Gingerbread Man' die, SU! 'Stitched Shapes' die set, Tonic Studios 'Slab Merry Christmas' die set, sponge dauber
Embellishments & Accessories: wobble spring
Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10