Thursday 31 December 2020

Floral Fab At 50 Card

This is the card I made for a friend's 50th birthday using some brand new Stampin' Up! supplies.  It's no secret I love flower stamps and the upcoming January to June 2021 Mini Catalogue has some beautiful flower stamps.  I pre-ordered the 'Pretty Perennials' stamp set with the matching 'Perennial Petals' die set.  The flowers have that lovely water coloured look to them.

Here's the card and envelope together.


The card measures 5 3/4" square and I've used a colour combo of Balmy Blue, Night of Navy and white with a hint of Garden Green provided by the leaves.  I inked the large flowers in Balmy Blue ink and then added some Night of Navy ink with a sponge dauber.  I die cut some flower shapes in vellum and layered those on top of the stamped flowers.  I die cut the '50' using Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper and I included some of the Glimmer Paper as a mat layer so there's a definite touch of sparkle to the card.  I used foam adhesive sheets with the Glimmer Paper so that the die cut numbers are dimensional.  I used the 'Playful Alphabet' dies to cut out 'Fab At' in Night of Navy CS.  I sprinkled on some iridescent blue gems to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope flap.


Here's the front of the envelope with a popped up name label.



Supplies: 
Stamps: SU! 'Pretty Perennials' & 'Fancy Phrases' sets
CS: SU! Balmy Blue, Night of Navy & Whisper White, Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper, vellum
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Garden Green & Night of Navy   
Tools: SU! 'Perennial Petals', 'Playful Alphabet', 'Large Numbers', 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, sponge dauber
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! blue self adhesive gems, Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10