Thursday 10 December 2020

Set Of Starry Note Cards

Back in July I made this set of 8 floral note cards for Petra which I presented in a cello bag.  Petra asked me if I could make a set of note cards for her to give as a gift but with a stars theme.  I don't have star themed goodies in my stash but my lovely friend Lesley came to my rescue by loaning me her SU! 'Star of Light' stamp set and 'So Many Stars' die set.

I made 2 each of 4 colour combo cards. I inlaid the stars into the swirl die cut shape - fiddly and time consuming but the end result was worth it I think!  I added a clear epoxy star embellishment to each star at the bottom of the die cut swirl.  Here are the note cards.


For these two cards I stamped the swirls in Coastal Cabana ink.  Then I used Night of Navy and Bermuda Bay CS for the die cut swirl and the sentiment is stamped in Night of Navy ink. 


These 2 cards have a colour combo of Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape.


The colour combo for these 2 cards is Mint Macaron and Shaded Spruce.


For the last 2 cards the colour combo is Seaside Spray and Misty Moonlight.


I stamped the starry swirl on the inside of each card and on the front of each envelope using the appropriate colour of ink.


Once I'd finished I popped the 8 note cards in a cello bag and attached a die cut tag tied on with Mint Macaron ribbon. 


Here's a closer look at the tag.  I stamped the starry swirl in Mint Macaron ink and stamped the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink.  I used the SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set to cut the scalloped rectangles for the tag.  I popped up the white rectangle, added 3 tiny Shaded Spruce die cut stars and placed a clear epoxy dot on the centre of each star.  



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Star of Light', 'Fancy Phrases' & 'Lots of Happy' sets
CS: SU! Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes, Bermuda Bay, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Seaside Spray, Shaded Spruce & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Mint Macaron, Misty Moonlight, Night of Navy, Seaside Spray & Shaded Spruce  
Tools: SU! 'So Many Stars' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, Crop-A-Dile
Embellishments & Accessories: cello bag, SU! Mint Macaron linen ribbon, clear epoxy shape embellishments

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10