Wednesday 2 December 2020

Two Christmas Robin Cards

This robin stamp is so cheery, guaranteed to raise a smile I think!  I was asked to make two robin Christmas cards and I thoroughly enjoyed making these!  Both cards measure 5 3/4" square and have a colour combo of Garden Green, Real Red, a touch of Pool Party and Whisper White.  The images on both cards were coloured using SU! Stampin' Blends and I added white gel pen accents to the holly berries.  Here are the two cards side by side.


Here's the first card and envelope.


The robin on this card is mounted on a wobble spring and I used dies for the sentiment.  Both cards feature snowflake sentiments on the inside so I wanted to include snowflakes on the front of both cards - here I've used punched Pool Party snowflakes with rhinestone jewel centres.  


Here's the inside of the first card.


Here is the second card and envelope.


The robin on this card is mounted on Dimensionals and I stamped the white square with snowflakes using stamped off once Pool Party ink.  I used a stamped sentiment, die cut that using a stitched rectangle die and tucked that underneath the Garden Green square.  I die cut two Pool Party snowflakes and added a rhinestone jewel to each centre to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the second card.


I decorated both envelopes the same, I just used different coloured CS for the mat layer circles.  The podgy robin on the snow topped stump is so sweet!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art 'Christmas Robins' set, SU! 'Snowflake Wishes' & 'Snow is Glistening' sets, Penny Black 'Each Friend' stamp, My Cute Stamps 'Let it Snow!' set
CS: SU! Garden Green, Real Red & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Tis the Season' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: SU! Garden Green, Pool Party & Real Red, various SU! Stampin' Blends, white gel pen  
Tools: Memory Box 'Stitched Square' die set, Tonic Studios 'Slab Merry Christmas' die set, SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Snowfall' die sets, SU! circle punches, Fiskars snowflake punch 
Embellishments & Accessories: wobble spring, SU! Rhinestone Jewels & Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10