Monday 21 December 2020

Lighthouse & Snowflakes Christmas Card

This card was made especially for my friend Ryan at work.  We both love films and we've been to the cinema together a couple of times this year.  One of our favourite films from 2020 was the Robert Eggers directed film The Lighthouse.  I thought it would be fun to make Ryan a lighthouse themed Christmas card!  As the film was made in black and white I stuck to a palette of black, grey and white.  Here's the card and envelope together.


The card measures 5 3/4" square and I heat embossed the sentiment with white embossing powder.  I used Gray Granite, Smoky Slate and Memento Tuxedo Black inks to stamp the lighthouse scene.  I cut that out with a stitched rectangle die and layered that onto a mat of Smoky Slate CS which I popped up on Dimensionals.  I added white snowflakes that I cut using dies from the SU! 'Snowfall' die set.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.


It was great fun to make a seasonal card with an unusual theme and it was very gratifying that Ryan appreciated it!

Supplies: 
Stamps: SU! 'High Tide', 'Snowflake Wishes' & 'Frosted Foliage' sets, Penny Black 'A Merry...' stamp
CS: SU! Basic Black, Smoky Slate & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Gray Granite & Smoky Slate, Memento Tuxedo Black  
Tools: SU! 'Snowfall' die set, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10