Monday 28 December 2020

Partridge & Pears Wreath Merry Christmas Card

This is the last Christmas card I made in 2020 and it's for my hubby Owen.  I made way more Christmas cards than I needed so I have lots left in the stash all ready for next year.  Here's the card and envelope together.


I used a 6" x 6" kraft card base with matching envelope.  The SU! 'Poinsettia Place' DSP pack has some lovely papers that are perfect for masculine cards.  I cut a square of woodgrain paper and matted that onto layers of Soft Suede and Garden Green CS.  I die cut the berry wreath from Soft Suede CS and the leafy wreath from Garden Green CS and glued the two die cuts in place.  I stamped the partridge in Soft Suede ink, die cut and popped him up.  I inked the pears with Crushed Curry ink and applied some Cherry Cobbler ink to the stamps with a sponge dauber to add some extra colour and dimension.  The pears are also popped up.  I made a 'Merry Christmas' sign, added some linen thread, attached the sign with a metallic green brad and popped it up.


Here's the inside of the card.  After stamping that lovely sentiment I added a strip of patterned paper, drew a line with a Soft Suede marker and glued the stamped and die cut partridge in place.


More of that pine bough and cones patterned paper went on the envelope flap to finish.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Arrange a Wreath' & 'Frosted Foliage' sets
CS: Dovecraft 6" x 6" kraft card & envelope, SU! Garden Green, Soft Suede & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Poinsettia Place' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Garden Green & Soft Suede, SU! Soft Suede Stampin' Write marker  
Tools: SU! 'Wreath Builder' die set, paper piercer, sponge dauber
Embellishments & Accessories: green metallic brad, SU! linen thread, Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10